CLIENT PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Clients’ duties and responsibilities include:
- Obtain and provide the Project Manager with all necessary information (including reports and other relevant documentation) in its possession which relates to the Project execution and control.
- Provide the Project Manager in timely manner with all other information which the Project Manager may reasonably request.
- Give the Project Manager decisions as quickly as reasonably possible on all reports, recommendations and any other matters which are refereed to the Client by the Project Manager; and
- Instruct the Client’s other professional advises to provide the Project Manager with all necessary information in relation to the Project.
PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ENGINEER
The Consultant will provide the services of Design and Supervision as set out in the ‘Schedule of Duties required by the Consultant (“The Scope of Services”) which forms part of the Consultant Agreement.
The Consultant’s duties and responsibilities include:
Design Services (Pre-Construction Services)
Refined Concept Design; which includes
- Floor Plans
- Perspective Views
Preliminary Design; which includes;
- General Lay-out and Setting-out Plans
- Floor Plans
- Preliminary Construction Cost Estimate.
- Architectural Drawings
- Structural Drawings
- Electrical Drawings
- Mechanical Drawings
- Civil Drawings
- Revised Construction Cost Estimate.
Prepare and follow-up the issuance of the Building Permit with concerned Local Authorities.
- Conditions of Contract
- Bill of Quantities
- Tender Drawings.
- Agree with the Client on list of Tenders.
- Invite Tenderers.
Scrutinize the Tender received.
- Submit Tender Report with the Tender Analysis and Recommendations.
- On acceptance of the Tender, prepare the Contract for Signature by the Client and the successful Tenderer. (Contractor).
Construction and Maintenance Supervision
The consultant shall supervise and inspect all works executed by the Contractor who is appointed by the Client.
The consultant’s responsibilities shall include:
- Inspecting the works in accordance with the drawings, specifications, and technical standards through all construction stages.
- Issue all necessary instructions to the Contractor. Any instruction from the Client to the contractor shall be given through the Consultant.
Issue concreting permits
- Check and approve the monthly interim and final payments.
- Prepare and approve the handing over report and issue the substantial and final completion certificates, in presence of the Client or his representative and the Contractor.
Soil Investigation Works
The Consultant shall advice the Client on the suitable firms who can be invited to carry out the Soil Investigation Works and to give advice to the Client on the result of the soil investigation tender. The Consultant shall take into account the results of the soil investigation when preparing the foundation design.
Topographical Survey Works
The Consultant shall advice the Client on the suitable firms who can be invited to carry out the Topographical Survey Works and to give advice to the Client on the result of the Topographical Survey tender. The Consultant shall take into account the results of the Topographical Survey in the design.
The Consultant shall request a specialist model maker to prepare a model for the project, if so required by the Client, to an appropriate scale and specifications.