Chain block / Lever Block used to lifting the beams at the installation area. Usually use to help workers to lift the beams at low level height before fixing the connection bolts the same also for aligning the connection of the beams.
Rotating & Power Machines: Welding Machines (if required at site during installation – optional only.), Grinding machines, drill machines, coring machines, pencil grinding machines etc.
Gas cutting (includes oxygen cylinder, acyteline cylinder) use for cutting the steel beams if necessary during installation – optional use only.
Grinding Machines (cutting disc)
Method Statement For The Installation Of EOT And Monorails Crane Anchor & Runway Beams
- Prior transferring materials from lay down, the foreman shall make a materials inventory at the lay down area as per approved shop drawings, if the all materials required for the EOT and Monorail anchors & runway beams are all available at site.
- If found the materials available at site, the foreman shall take permission from the site Engineers that the installation EOT & Monorail anchors and runway beams are ready.
- Then, take necessary layout by taking the surveyor on site for exact and correct location for the installation. Take all coordinates and level required and marked them properly as site.
- If all marking required at site are done as per layout, the foreman now check the assembly drawings for materials scheduling. (Meaning priority materials to be brought to the site from the lay down area).
- While the materials are transferred to the site from the lay down, the foreman shall assign the installer to take concrete drilling if required as per actual marked on site.
- Ready all the required connection bolts and anchorage and tightening tools.
- The beams shall be transferred to the erection area after the MIR approval.
- After MVR approval, erection shall commence.
- Before erecting the beams, the anchorage shall be installed. The location is as per lay out survey.
- First, lift the beams using chain block to the level of installation, then connect the base plate to the other beams and put connection bolts and tight. Before removing the chain block make sure that the connection bolts has been tight properly.
- If, there are any modification or rectification of the fabricated beams required as site because of the site condition the foreman shall informed the site engineer.
- If cutting required, the workers shall used gas cutting and grinding the burs.
However, if there is no any need of modification or rectification of the beams, the foreman shall inform the concern site engineer that the work is done. Then site engineer then also issue an Inspection Request (IR) to the quality control engineer or department for inspection purposes. If found acceptable the beams installed be remained however, it there any defect found by the consultant who approved the IR, therefore, the foreman shall rectify the as per commented to the IR. After rectification the IR shall be re-issued for re-inspection.