Following equipment and tools may be used as required during Wet Area Water Proofing works.
- Wire Brushes
- Soft Brushes
- Air Compressor
- Empty containers / drums
- Stirrer / Rod
- Paint Brushes
- Paint rollers
- Wheel barrow
- Other hand tools
- Waterproof 360 PU (Liquid applied Polyurethane Waterproofing Membrane)
WATER PROOFING PROCEDURE
Storage and Handling of Materials:
- Materials shall be stored in a cool & dry place and avoid putting in direct sun light.
- Materials shall be placed in a way to avoid the direct contact with ground soil.
- Materials shall not be exposed to the fire or naked flames in any circumstances.
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) shall be followed for safety and handling recommendations.
- Material may store for 12 months from the date of manufacturing, in a fresh and dry area in unopened original packaging.
- Only a limited required quantity of Waterproof material shall be brought to the site.
Surface Preparation Before Water Proofing:
- Surface / substrate preparation is the most important for Liquid Applied Polyurethane Waterproofing membrane before application.
- The concrete surface / substrate shall be clean and free from contamination such as dust, oil, grease, organic growth and release agents etc.
- All loosely adhering particles such as rust, mortar and cement laitance shall be removed.
- The surface would be cleaned by wire/stiff brushing and finally soft brushing or compressed air.
- The surface shall be free from standing water.
- Maximum up to 5% moisture contents are acceptable in the substrate.
- Pipes/ Sleeves, conduits, drains or any other penetrations shall be in place and protected with cement sand mortar, prior to the application, chamfer shall be made on corners.
- All cracks and joints shall be sealed as per manufacturer recommendations, at least two days before application.
- The surface shall be prepared in such a way to allow mechanical key and to achieve a maximum adhesion of the coating to the substrate.
- Application of water proofing system shall be done by experienced personnel and as per manufacturer recommendations.
- The concrete age should be at least 28 days to start waterproofing.
- Brittle substrate shall be primed with Waterproof 310 PU PRIMER.
- On stable, sound and well prepared concrete surfaces, Waterproof 360 PU, diluted 5% with Xylene may be used as primer.
- Prime coat shall be applied with brush or roller in a continuous uniform coating. Allow drying time for minimum 3 hours to proceed for next coat.
- Two coats of Liquid Applied Polyurethane Waterproofing membrane shall be done.
- The first coat of Liquid Applied Polyurethane Waterproofing membrane shall be applied with brushes or rollers in a continuous uniform coating.
- The theoretical film thickness shall be around 0.5mm, as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- At least 12 but not more than 36 hours drying time shall be allowed between the coats.
- Second coat shall be applied at right angle to the first coat.
- Each layer should not be more than 0.50 mm thick.
- Waterproofing shall be extended up vertical surfaces minimum 100 mm or as indicated in the shop drawings.
- After proper curing and before installation of mortar and ceramic tiles, a 100 microns polyethylene sheet shall be placed on top of waterproofing, as per specifications.
Inspection and Testing:
Water shall be provided for flood test for minimum 24 hour for all waterproofed floor areas.
Clean all tools and equipment immediately before polymerization with Xylene.